Things we did in Sofia last weekend:
1. Soaked up the beautiful buildings and atmosphere. Sofia is at its best when the sun is shining, and I can happily wander for hours just taking it all in.
2. Ate lunch at Made in Home: peach and goat’s cheese salad for me, pulled pork sandwich for Rob, all washed down with a beer called (honestly, this was its name) ‘Bernard’.
3. Bought three kilos of grana padana cheese. As you do.
4. Observed the strict rules on city buses. Rules which include no trumpets, no shouting and no flammable liquids. Only in Bulgaria.
5. Got on the wrong bus and went in the wrong direction. But at least we didn’t play any trumpets.
6. Bought a second pair of dungarees (for me, obviously). Because one pair is not enough, alright?
7. Found a Nepali restaurant called Gurkha, where we ate the best curry ever. On the basis of this meal, I am trying to convince Rob that we should go trekking in Nepal. He’s not having any of it.
8. Enjoyed the classy artwork in our hotel.