HEAD TO THE NEW AUNTIE BULGARIA SITE

My photo
AUNTIE BULGARIA NOW HAS A PROUD NEW HOME AT www.auntiebulgaria.com. PLEASE HEAD THERE FOR ALL THE AUNTIE BULGARIA CONTENT, OLD AND NEW.

Thursday 18 April 2019

Postcard from the motherland

Greetings from the UK, where, surprisingly, the sun has been shining aplenty and nobody (that I’ve seen) is having angry debates about Brexit on public transport. Weird.

I’m here for most of April on a long catchup with family and friends, so there’s not much to report from Bulgaria. Except that Rob keeps sending me ridiculously cute cat updates, like this:



And this:



Plus, the odd asparagus boast. Look how big our spears are growing, finally!



So what news from the UK? Well, I had my first ever Subway sandwich (#Portsmouth). The price of a Costa flat white has gone up to £2.75 (and I’m still buying them). And a large glass of wine in Wagamamas cost me over £9 (how everyone in the south of England isn’t bankrupt is beyond me).

Also, the fam and I popped down to Dorset and Somerset for a cheeky few days away.

Lovely Lyme Regis.

The Cobb.

Durdle Door was shrouded in mist. Probably for the best, considering my raging vertigo.