Also, we watched High Fidelity again last night* and it got me in the mood for making lists.
So, top ten things we have eaten next door for breakfast. In order of weirdness (whereby 1 is a perfectly normal thing to have with coffee at breakfast time, and 10 is really very weird indeed).
- Banitsa. A Bulgarian cheesy filo pastry pie. It’s amazing and perfect at any time of day, but common for breakfast.
- A hot crème caramel pudding. Much as I like puddings, there are certain things that shouldn’t be eaten before 9am. It’s an unwritten dessert-based watershed. Am I right?
- Mini jacket potatoes with feta cheese. These are delicious…but can I come back and eat them at 5pm?
- Sugary, cheesy pasta with croutons.
- Gruel. Actually not that weird…if you’re a Victorian urchin.
- BBQ ribs. See number 5.
- Chips and grapes.
- Yorkshire pudding.
*I heart John Cusack. In fact…bonus list: Top 5 John Cusack movies.
- High Fidelity.
- The Sure Thing.
- Grosse Pointe Blank.
- Say Anything.
- Con Air. And I’ll fight anyone who says otherwise.