HEAD TO THE NEW AUNTIE BULGARIA SITE

My photo
AUNTIE BULGARIA NOW HAS A PROUD NEW HOME AT www.auntiebulgaria.com. PLEASE HEAD THERE FOR ALL THE AUNTIE BULGARIA CONTENT, OLD AND NEW.

Thursday 19 May 2016

97. Photos from a chronic gardening bore

Day 4 of the blog challenge, in which I am trying to blog every day for a week. I wouldn’t say I’m running out of words yet. Not really. I just wanted to share some pictures with you, that’s all. Totally not cheating.

The sun has returned!

Fru fru snapdragons. Whenever I see them, I sing Copacabana to myself. 

Carnations starting to flower.

First rose of the summer.

Borage is pleasingly ugly (like a pair of Clarks shoes) and it self-seeds EVERYWHERE
(like here, in the middle of our path). But the bees love it.

Nasturtiums coming up. Planning to use these in salads this summer.

More alliums starting to flower and, so far, surviving Barney's Reign of Terror. 

Verbena seedlings sown about two months ago. They are the slowest growing things ever.
Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong?

Cosmos, beheaded by Barney, The Naughtiest Cat in the World.

Baby grapes.

Obligatory wonky polytunnel shot. Still wonky. Still standing.

Tomato plants doing well and ready for staking. My wrinkly old crone finger included for scale.

KALE!

On a whim, we decided to make a new flower bed for all my seedlings. The picture doesn't do it justice - it's 4m wide!
The bastard cats are thrilled that we've made them such a large litter tray.